Reading Seed’s mission is to help children in Pima County learn to read so they can read to learn. Our vision is that all students in Pima County will be reading at or above grade level by the end of third grade.
Be part of this important solution!
- Click for info on becoming a Reading Seed Coach.
- Click to register for a New Coach Training.
- Click for the Lending Library website.
Reading Seed supports elementary schools and students by:
- Recruiting and training volunteer reading coaches to work with students in kindergarten – 5th grade who are reading below grade level.
- Emphasizing reading as a positive experience in a non-judgmental environment.
- Increasing confidence, vocabulary, fluency and reading comprehension in students.
- Delivering high interest, low reading level literacy resources from our Lending Library to schools for Reading Coaches and teachers.
- Providing free books for students to encourage independent reading.
All Reading Seed Coaches are trained, fingerprinted, and have a background check completed prior to being placed at a school. Reading Seed also provides continuing professional development for coaches, as well as free materials and incentives to help keep the learning process fun and relevant for students.
Want Reading Seed at your school? Please contact us for more information.