Reading Seed Children’s Literacy Program
Support Reading Seed with an Arizona Charitable Tax Credit Donation!!
Just in time for the holidays!! Reading Seed volunteers and supporters are invited to shop the Scholastic Book Sale, December 11-13 at Windmill Inns and Suites in St. Philips Plaza. With huge discounts of up to 80% off, this is the perfect opportunity to purchase wonderful new books for all the young people in your life. Follow this link for complete information and contact Lisa Maher at 520-256-0991 with any questions.
For nearly 20 years, the Reading Seed Children’s Literacy Program has been dedicated to helping children in Pima County learn to read so they can read to learn.
Reading Seed supports elementary schools and students by:
- Recruiting and training volunteer Reading Coaches to work with students in kindergarten – 3rd grade who are reading below grade level.
- Emphasizing reading as a positive experience in a non-judgmental environment.
- Increasing confidence, vocabulary, fluency and reading comprehension in students.
- Delivering high interest, low reading level literacy resources from the Reading Seed Lending Library to schools for Reading Coaches and teachers.
- Providing free books for students to encourage independent reading.
All Reading Seed Coaches are trained, fingerprinted, and have a background check completed prior to being placed at a school. Reading Seed also provides continuing professional development for Reading Coaches, as well as free materials and incentives to help keep the learning process fun and relevant for students.
Click here to learn how you can be part of this important solution!
Interested in bringing Reading Seed to your school? Please contact the Reading Seed Program Director for more information.