Literacy Connects needs donations of high-quality, new or gently-used books to help encourage our students’ love of reading and learning. In 2015-2016, Literacy Connects gave over 94,375 books to those in need.
There are two ways you can help:
1. Bring your new or gently-used, high-quality children’s books to our office at 200 E. Yavapai Rd.
2.Hold a book drive with your service organization or club.For more information on holding a book drive, please contact our office at 520-882-8006 to talk to our Library Coordinator.
For more information on holding a book drive, please contact our office at 520-882-8006 to talk to our Library Coordinator.
Be sure to check out our wishlist for specific book titles: Click here!
In general, here are the kinds of books we need:
For young learners
- Sports books
- Animal books
- “Readers” ( I Can Read series, Step Into Reading series, etc.)
- Lower-level nonfiction
- Princess books
- Superhero Books
- Real-life heroes
- Car/truck books
- Well-known character books
- Elephant & Piggie books, especially the newer ones
- BOB Book sets — pre-K and beginning readers
- Any of the Fly Guy books
- Anything by Mo Willems, especially the Pigeon or Cat the Cat series
- Ready to Read readers levels 1 and 2
For adult learners
- Dictionaries – English and English/Spanish
- True stories
- Short stories