Current coaches can find resources and other helpful information on this page.
All materials are intended for use by Reading Seed coaches.
Announcements for Current Coaches:
- Medallions have been ordered and will be distributed at the end of April. Talk to your teacher or School Site Coordinator to find out how the school plans to distribute them.
- Please be sure to take the End of the Year Coach Survey! Click here to start now!
Reading Seed Coach Resources
|Session Resources||Preparation Suggestions and Resources||Coaching Logs and Student Surveys|
|School District Calendars||Skill Building Games and Activities Packet||First Coaching Session Suggestions||Click Here to submit your Daily Coaching Logs|
|RS 2015 Coach Agreement||Writing Activities Handout||Top 10 Tips for your First Session||Blank Coaching Log and Blank RS Student Survey|
|Reading Seed Coach Profile to give to teachers||All About Me Graphic Organizer and All About Me Robot||Game Board FAQs 2015-2016||2015-2016 SAMPLE Coaching Logs with Explanation|
|RS 2015-2016 Spring Calendar of Events||RS Categorized Book Lists||Tips for the First Month with your Kindergarten Student
And Alphabet Games for Kindergarten
|Reading Seed Instructions for uploading Student Surveys and Coaching Logs|
Additional Support for Coaches
We want our volunteers to feel fully supported throughout the school year so in addition to Professional Development workshops the Reading Seed Volunteer Manager and Trainer is available to provide coaches one-on-one meetings and observation of coaching sessions. To schedule a meeting or an observation, please e-mail Jessica at JDennes@Literacyconnects.org.
Also, for those coaches who wish to learn about the content of a Professional Development workshop but are unable to attend, we can email the presentation materials to you. To receive the materials, please email Jessica at JDennes@LiteracyConnects.org.
- Professional Development Workshops for Coaches
- Lending Library: With over 19,000 books available to Coaches, the Lending Library is a great place to look for books that match your students’ interests and reading abilities. Follow this link to access the Lending Library’s online catalog. For more information, please view the Lending Library FAQ.
- Free Book Area: We have a collection of gently used free books and we encourage coaches to give each student one new book every week to help encourage independent reading. By the end of the school year, your student will have their own private library they can feel proud to share with others.