Current coaches can find resources and other helpful information on this page.
All materials are intended for use by Reading Seed coaches.
Announcements for Current Coaches:
- A mid-September update was e-mailed to you on 9/15/2016. Please check your inboxes. Our monthly newsletter goes out on the first of every month. Be sure that you have not unsubscribed so that you don’t miss out on important notifications and reminders.
- Check out the new resources in the table below!!
- Coming Soon!! An online platform for coaches to keep in touch, share ideas and receive online training!! Check your November 1st newsletter for details.
Reading Seed Coach Resources
|Session Resources||Preparation Suggestions and Resources||Coaching Logs|
|School District Calendars||Skill Building Games and Activities Packet||First Coaching Session Suggestions||Click Here to submit your Daily Coaching Logs|
|16-17 Coach Agreement||Writing Activities Handout||Top 10 Tips for your First Session||2016-2017 Blank Coaching Logs|
|Reading Seed Coach Profile to give to teachers||All About Me Graphic Organizer and All About Me Robot||Tips for the First Month with your Kindergarten Student||2016-2017 SAMPLE Coaching Logs with Explanation|
|2016-2017 Calendar of Events and Reminders||RS Categorized Book Lists||Alphabet Games for Kindergarten||Reading Seed Instructions for submitting Coaching Logs|
|2016-2017 RS School District Map||Quick Reference for Reading Activities (NEW!)||General Practices for the Typical Coaching Session|
|Think Aloud Sentence Stems to use during reading (NEW!)|
Additional Support for Coaches
We want our volunteers to feel fully supported throughout the school year so in addition to Professional Development workshops the Reading Seed Volunteer Manager and Trainer is available to provide coaches one-on-one meetings and observation of coaching sessions. To schedule a meeting or an observation, please e-mail Jessica at JDennes@Literacyconnects.org.
Also, for those coaches who wish to learn about the content of a Professional Development workshop but are unable to attend, we can email the presentation materials to you. To receive the materials, please email Jessica at JDennes@LiteracyConnects.org.
- Professional Development Workshops for Coaches
- Lending Library: With over 19,000 books available to Coaches, the Lending Library is a great place to look for books that match your students’ interests and reading abilities. Follow this link to access the Lending Library’s online catalog. For more information, please view the Lending Library FAQ.
- Free Book Area: We have a collection of gently used free books and we encourage coaches to give each student one new book every week to help encourage independent reading. By the end of the school year, your student will have their own private library they can feel proud to share with others.