Help children in Pima County learn to read! Become a Reading Seed Coach!!« Back to Events
- Help children in Pima County learn to read! Become a Reading Seed Coach!!
- October 30th, 2012 1:30 pm
- October 30th, 2012 4:30 pm
- November 21st, 2011
For over 15 years, Reading Seed Children’s Literacy Program has been dedicated to helping children in Pima County learn to read so they can read to learn.
We accomplish our mission through a unique combination of strategies including: sustained one-on-one mentorship, interactive read alouds and story writing, a Leveled Lending Library that optimizes student success and access to free books for students.
Reading Seed supports elementary schools and students by working to:
- Train volunteer Reading Coaches to work with students in 1st -3rd grade who are reading below grade level.
- Emphasize reading as a positive experience in a non-judgmental environment.
- Inspire a lifelong love of reading and increase confidence, vocabulary and reading comprehension in students.
More Reading Seed Coaches are needed for the 2012-2013 school year to meet the tremendous need in elementary schools throughout Pima County.
Reading Coaches work one-on-one each week with a minimum of 2 students for 30 minutes each – a weekly time commitment of just 1 hour. Please help the children in our community learn to read and succeed. Volunteer to become a Reading Coach today!!!
Please click here to register for an introductory Reading Coach training!!