Apply to Host Classes
The Adult Basic Literacy (ABL) program trains volunteers to provide student-centered reading, writing and numeracy instruction at Literacy Connects (LC). There are opportunities to have classes for your employees or clients, as well.
Interested in providing literacy instruction at your location?
We offer two options for partnering:
Become a Full Partnership Site – Become a sustained, fully supported site with classes that have low tutor to student ratios. This includes:
- Priority scheduling of preferred dates and times
- Guaranteed consistency in classes (no cancellations on the part of LC)
- Priority tutor placements who have a high level of coordination from LC staff
Full partnership sites are required to:
- Provide a minimum one year committment with an annual fee of $1,500.
- Provide a pre-registered list of students
- Provide a committed on-site staff liaison
- Provide a dedicated space and technology
ABL Partnership Application for more information and to apply.
Provide your own classes – Have staff or volunteers from your organization attend an ABL tutor training in order to provide classes or small group instruction on your own.
- $100 training fee per person for three sessions (4 hours a session).
- $30 for each additional session.
Click here for the training schedule.
Click here for the non-LC tutor training application form.
Questions? Email ABL@literacyconnects.org